Pain Management Compounds
Helping To Relieve Pain In The Personalized Way That You Deserve
Southland pharmacy is committed to helping the people in our community live happier and healthier lives. We have created unique pain management compounds to help you feel better and live better.
Don't let pain take over your life! If you are interested in a customized protocol tailored to your specific pain needs, fill out the form below and our pharmacist will call you directly!
Southland Pharmacy is PROUD to offer Compounds for Pain
We offer compounds that can help with Pain Management. These are a great non-narcotic option for our patient who are suffering with either acute or chronic pain.
Opioids or narcotics, are a common treatment option for pain. However, due to their dosage strength, dosage format or other factors, they can lead to unwanted side effects such as drowsiness, dizziness, stomach irritation, gastritis, and ulcers.
Our pain compounds are often topical and this will bypass the stomach, allowing for pain relief without all of the gastrointestinal side effects.
Common types of Compounded Pain Creams
- NSAIDS (Non-steroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs):
- Ketoprofen - treats chronic pain and arthritis.
- Diclofenac - treats mild to moderate pain and symptoms of osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis.
- Ibuprofen - reduces hormones that cause pain and inflammation from a wide variety of conditions.
- Piroxicam - used to reduce pain, swelling and joint stiffness from arthritis, and to alleviate foot pain associated with plantar fasciitis.
- Muscle Relaxants: Cyclobenzaprine, Baclofen, Guaifenesin
- Anesthetics: Lidocaine, Tetracaine, Prilocaine
How do Compounded Pain Medications Work?
Most of the typically prescribed pain management treatments on the market are utilizing a single ingredient approach, typically an anti-inflammatory, in hopes that decreasing inflammation will decrease pain. Compounded pain management creams use a multi-ingredient approach, incorporating multiple different ingredients. Each of these ingredients address different reasons for pain and all working together will offer the possibility of a stronger therapeutic outcome for our patients who are in pain.